Soy chicken pasta (Fusion Pasta)
A simple fusion pasta dish that will satisfy all taste buds
My soy chicken fusion pasta is the perfect quick meal that the whole family will enjoy. Its flexibility lends itself to any addition you would like!
I have lived in Austria for quite a few years now and have fallen in love with both the country and the food. However, I must admit…I do miss the flavors of home sometimes. I created this soy chicken pasta recipe to add a bit of home to the Austrian style cooking I usually make for the family. Before you read all the ingredients, I know they may sound like a strange combination, but trust me they work together amazingly.
The addition of the sweet chili sauce adds a fantastic sweet spice to the dish, bringing out the saltiness and umami of the soy sauce. Do not worry if you are not good with spicy foods, sweet chili sauce is not too spicy, it is just to add a subtle kick to the recipe. If you find it too spicy, definitely add less if needed (we don’t need any burnt tongues!). With the peanuts, you get a wonderful layer of nuttiness that just amplifies the roasted flavor the wok gives. Each ingredient brings so much to this dish, so try it out as is before you change it.
With all of these unique flavors, you are likely thinking that there is no way this is an easy recipe to make. But it really is easy to make! With both prep and cooking, this recipe only takes about 30 minutes. Since woks are so hot, they can cook food in an instant. The pasta will likely take the longest time to cook! If you practice a bit of mise en place, and prepare all of your ingredients before starting the recipe, you will have a much easier (and faster) time in the kitchen.
TIPS AND NOTES:
- To get a healthier soy chicken pasta, add in more veggies! It is better to use heartier vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, or bok choy. These vegetables will withstand the heat of the wok much better than more watery varieties like spinach.
- You don’t need a wok to make this recipe. It helps to have a wok for this recipe as it will create the best roasted flavor, but a sauté pan will work fine.
- When adding in the pasta, add just a splash of the pasta water to the mix. This will help the sauce to stick to the pasta much better, making sure there is no dry pasta in your dish.
This soy chicken pasta recipe is so simple, but so delicious. And there are SO many things you can change about it to fit your tastes! I hope you enjoy this pasta dish as much as my family and I do. Let me know in the comments how it went for you, and if I changed your mind on this fusion pasta!
If you enjoy this recipe, please also do check my other recipes HERE.
Soy chicken pasta (Fusion Pasta)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons peanuts
- 200 grams chicken fillet
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 300 grams spaghetti pasta
- Cook spaghetti pasta according to package instructions.
- Roast peanuts into a wok. Set aside.
- On the same pan, brown the chicken pieces. Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion for about 30 seconds or until the aromas have been released. Add the brown sugar and stir until it is caramelised.
- Return the chicken and peanuts into the pan. Add the cornstarch mixture, soy sauce and sweet chili sauce, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened.
- Add cooked spaghetti pasta and mix until pasta is fully covered sauce. Cook for at least 3 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Wow! I love this Soy Chicken Pasta, thanks for sharing the recipe. I have really learn a lot since I started visiting your blog.
Thanks Gladys. I’m glad I am able to inspire and help you in some way ?