Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs
These baby back ribs are seasoned to perfection and just fall off the bone! This will surely become your go-to ribs recipe.
Many people see baby back ribs as a recipe that should only be eaten during the summer months, but I disagree! Ribs are a delicious food that can be enjoyed at any time. They have the perfect blend of sweet, savory, and smoky – what can be better than that?
Ribs are seen as a special meal that only those who are “pit masters,” or “grill masters,” can make, but I disagree. I think you can make exquisite baby back ribs right in the oven at home! There is one key to making fall off the bone tender ribs in the oven. Start low and slow. I start baking my ribs at 180C for the first part, this cooks it for a long time making sure it gets nice and juicy. Towards the end, increase the heat of the oven, and add the sauce and baste. This will caramelize the sauce and make sure it does not burn while it is in the oven.
To get the ribs nice and tender, I recommend removing the membrane. The membrane is the thin covering on the back part of the ribs. There are two main ways to take off the membrane. The first is to carefully slide a knife under the membrane to split it from the rack, then pull the rest off with your hands. The second way is to use a paper towel to hold down the ribs and pull it off with your hands. The membrane can be quite slippery, so be careful please!
It’s such a great recipe, because it doesn’t require too much work. You have to make the rub and the sauce, but really the only cooking involved is putting the ribs into the oven. While it bakes, you can sit back and relax. Or do all the errands you have been procrastinating on (maybe that is just me).
Tips & Notes
- Season the ribs heavily before cooking. This will make sure all the meat is nice and flavorful. You do not want to have to rely on the sauce for all the flavor in this dish.
- Serve the ribs with a side of the BBQ sauce you made for those that want an extra saucy rib!
- The ribs taste best served hot, so while waiting for the ribs in the oven, make your favorite side dish. I like it best with mashed potatoes, steamed rice, or fries.
These are some of the juiciest baby back ribs you will ever eat! They take a bit of time, but it is well worth the wait! You and your family can bond over the nice, messy ribs together – might not be for a first date though..
Regardless of how you enjoy your baby back ribs, let me know in the comments how you enjoyed the recipe! I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Please visit the rest of my page for more interesting recipes HERE
Awesome Baby Back Ribs
RIBS & RUB
- 1 ½-2 kg baby back ribs
- 6 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional) spicy
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon brown sugar (adjust according to preference)
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch (add more for thicker sauce)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 piece bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel off tough membrane that covers the underside/bony side of the ribs. Place on a foil, large enough to cover 1 rib (1 rib per foil).
- Combine together rub ingredients; brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, tomato paste, salt, pepper, olive oil. Rub seasoning over each ribs on both sides. Close the foil with ribs then bake at 180 for 1.5 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce ingredients by mixing all the ingredients in a sauce pan. cook on low heat until thick. Taste and adjust infredients according to preference.
- After 1.5 hours, remove ribs from oven and open each foil carefully. Increase the oven temperature to 240°C, grill setting.
- Baste each rib with BBQ sauce then return to oven. Baste ribs every 20 minutes.
- Check after 1 hours for doneness. Continue to bake from 1 hour to 1½ hour until preferred doneness is achieved.
- Serve hot! This is best served with mashed potatoes, steamed rice and/or french fries.